GPS challenge of the week…Office Ergonomics! Practicing good ergonomics can help you stay healthy whether you are in an office or in a warehouse.
Things to keep in mind in an office:
- Keep your body centered in front of your monitor and keyboard.
- Adjust your chair so your feet rest on the floor and your knees are level with your hips.
- Keep items you regularly use within arm’s length.
- Get up and stretch.
In a warehouse or industrial environment:
- Vary your tasks.
- Do not carry items that are too heavy.
- Select the right tool for the task at hand.
- Lift with your legs not your back.
If you experience or see a safety concern on your assignment, please contact our GPS Safety Hotline at 803-760-1441 or contact your local GPS office.
If you are injured on your assignment, please call MEDCOR at 1-800-775-5866 then contact your local GPS office.
GPS where Safety is Everybody’s Job…My Job…Your Job! Let’s make 2019 GPS Safety Awareness Year!
Check out our website https://www.gpsjobs.net/ for additional information.
GPS Safety Specialist