Holiday Light Safety
GPS challenge of the week…Holiday Light Safety! You want your house to look like Clark Griswold’s in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation from 1989? Well, here are some tips for Holiday Light Safety.
- Check each set of lights, new or old, for broken or cracked sockets, loose connections, or frayed or bare wires. Discard all damaged cords.
- Don’t connect lights while adjusting them on a tree or house. Inspect lights and plug them together before hanging.
- Don’t overload outlets or extension cords.
- Keep cords out of water and away from metal objects.
- To hook up your outdoor lighting, use a three-prong grounded extension cord with the UL label.
Unplug tree lights and decorative outdoor lighting before leaving the house or going to bed.
If you experience or see a safety concern on your assignment, please contact our GPS Safety Hotline at 803-760-1441 or contact your local GPS office.
If you are injured on your assignment, please call MEDCOR at 1-800-775-5866 then contact your local GPS office.
GPS where Safety is Everybody’s Job…My Job…Your Job! Let’s make 2019 GPS Safety Awareness Year!
Check out our website http://www.gpsjobs.net/ for additional information.
GPS Safety Specialist