Posted

12 signs you desperately need a vacation from work Business Insider Jacquelyn Smith  6/16/2016   Despite a seemingly endless stream of articles warning of the perils associated with overworking, many people still choose to forgo vacations. In fact, a 2015 survey from Glassdoor found that US employees only use half (51%) of their eligible paid… Read more »

Posted

Missing the (Recruiting) Mark?  Myths about Millennials A few years ago, TIME Magazine ran a cover story that made headlines of its own. In “Millennials: The Me Me Me Generation,” the magazine outlined in black and white all of the stereotypical horrors of Generation Y. The author used studies to back up the notion that… Read more »

Posted

The State’s Best Employment Agency ~ VOTE Today! GPS has been nominated as one of the best employment agencies by The State newspaper.  Please help us get out the word to friends, relatives and other GPS associates.  The voting ends on September 11.  Each person voting has to vote for 30 businesses, under multiple categories. … Read more »

Posted

Inclement Weather at GPS ~ Storm Hermine   Due to the storm Hermine, please call our Orangeburg office 803-531-4192 and Charleston office 843-554-5555 on Friday, Sept 2nd, to see if they are open before going to the office. Check back here for updates on GPS office closures.   https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/tropical-storm-hermine-things-to-know-florida

Posted

Boost Your Happiness in 5 Seconds Flat! Comparing Yourself to Others By Lloyd J. Thomas, Ph.D. Comparing ourselves to others is a very powerful mental affliction. When we are children, we compare ourselves to others as a way of discovering “who I am,” using others as references. However, as adults, when we compare ourselves to… Read more »

Posted

Happy Birthday Nanci Fields! Join GPS and Gallman Consulting in wishing Nanci a wonderful birthday TODAY!  Happy Birthday Nanci Fields!   To a friendly, wonderful, beautiful, caring, kind, giving, lovely coworker: happy birthday, and may this day bring you joy and happiness!   Enjoy your day Nanci!

Posted

GPS Hampton Interview Day!  GPS JOBS! Hampton American Legion Hut ~ GPS Interview Day in Hampton Wednesday, July 13, 2016 11am – 3pm American Legion Hut ~ Post 108 302 Hoover Street South Hampton, SC 29924-2702   GPS is currently recruiting highly motivated, ready to work candidates with a strong work ethic and excellent attendance record for the following… Read more »

Posted

GPS will be participating in the Columbia Military Career and Resource Fair: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10 am – 2 pm Bluff Road Armory 1225 Bluff Road Columbia, SC 29201   Veterans, Active/Retired Service Members and Family Members are invited to connect with local employers, state agencies, and organizations that provide military and veteran services…. Read more »