30 Days of Giving Thanks at GPS!
Give Thanks! November is 30 Days of Giving Thanks at GPS! As the holidays approach with much hustle and bustle, GPS encourages you to thoughtfully commit acts of kindness in your workplace, home and community.
We wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Random Acts of Kindness!
When you commit a random act of kindness, you not only touch the life of the recipient, but you inspire others to be kind, too.
Baudville has put together the list below of no and low-cost ideas to inspire kindness.
“NO COST ACTS OF KINDNESS
These random acts of kindness only require your presence and a smile!
1. Hold the door open for the person behind you.
2. Brush snow off someone else’s car in the parking lot.
3. Shovel your neighbor’s sidewalk.
4. Pick up litter.
5. Babysit for free.
6. Leave baked goods in the mailbox for your mailman.
7. Donate a used book to your local library.
8. Send an ePraise to someone.
9. Return shopping carts to the store.
10. Run an errand for a neighbor.
11. Send a card to someone serving in the military overseas.
12. Help someone pick up items they dropped.
13. Donate clothes to Goodwill or Salvation Army.
14. Bake cookies for your coworkers.
15. Volunteer at a local charity.
16. Write and mail a thank you card.
17. Donate blood.
18. Collect canned goods for a food pantry.
19. Bring in your neighbor’s garbage can.
20. Let someone cut in front of you in line.
21. Give your leftovers from dining out to someone on the street.
22. Smile at strangers!
23. Say hello to the person next to you.
24. Give a compliment.
25. Help someone who is stranded on the side of the road.
26. Organize a group of friends to do yard work for a neighbor who is unable to do it themselves.
27. Clean up after yourself and someone else.
28. Invite someone who may be alone over for dinner.
29. Give someone a hug.
30. Encourage a child.
31. Praise your boss.
32. Write an inspirational quote on a post-it and put it on the bathroom mirror in your office.
33. Help someone before they ask.
34. Hold the elevator for someone running behind.
35. Introduce yourself to someone new.
36. Mow your neighbor’s yard.
37. Visit a local nursing home. Give handmade cards to all the residents.
38. Surprise a coworker with a free Baudville Print and Post with a handwritten note on the back.
39. Donate your time and skills to a local organization.
40. Take a box of hats, gloves, and scarves to a school for kids who need something warm.
41. Share your umbrella with someone who doesn’t have one.
42. Read to a child, or let the child read to you!
LOW COST ACTS OF KINDNESS
These random acts of kindness require a little funding but will make big change!
43. Add change to random parking meters.
44. Pay past due library fees for another person.
45. Buy the coffee for the person behind you in line.
46. Put change in a vending machine or tape a quarter to the machine for the next person.
47. Buy a pack of gum or mints for the grocery store checkout clerk.
48. Tape scratch-off lottery tickets to a gas pump.
49. Pay for the car behind you at a toll booth.
50. Buy a gift card for groceries and give it to the person behind you in line.
51. Drop off handwritten thank you notes and doughnuts to the police station.
52. Give balloons to children shopping with their parents.
53. Buy movie tickets for the person behind you in line.
54. Anonymously buy new sports equipment for a local child in need.
55. Pay for someone’s layaway items.
56. Deliver a goodie basket of treats and activities to a nursing home.
57. Hand out bottles of water on a hot day.
58. Send a care package to military men and women overseas.
59. Present a trophy to someone – just because!
60. Hide dollar bills in the toy section at a dollar store.
61. Hand out packages of treats at a local college student center during exam week.
62. Buy a copy of your favorite children’s book for the local hospital.
63. Give a coffee shop gift card to a parking attendant – it can get cold in those booths!
64. Pay for someone else’s dinner in a restaurant.
65. Bring your coworker a coffee in the morning as a surprise.
66. Anonymously send a gift card to a friend or community member.
67. Tape suckers and with a positive note to ATMs.
68. Buy cookies or muffins from a local bakery and take them to your local librarians.
69. Pay for lunch for the person behind you in the lunch line.
70. Leave diapers and wipes on a public changing table.
71. Pay for someone’s bus fare.
72. Anonymously send flowers to brighten someone’s day.
73. Buy doughnuts for a different department or office.
74. Plant a tree in your neighborhood.
75. Get to work early and leave a piece of candy at each person’s desk.”
Now that you have Random Acts of Kindness ideas, use them!
Practice acts of kindness year round and make a difference!